Southbay Storytellers and Listeners
Our next Zoom events will be our 30th annual Tellabration(tm) Story Concerts
one at 7 pm on 11/6/21 shared with Foothill Storytelling Guild,
and the second at 4 pm on 11/20/21, the Saturday before Thanksgiving, featuring younger tellers in our group
and recognizing three decades of mentorship by Joy Swift who is honored this year as a Regional Gem by the National Storytelling Network.
We are a network of people in the Silicon Valley who are dedicated to
making storytelling a vital part of our community and
improving our storytelling and listening skills.
We hold story-swap meetings via Zoom each month on the Second Sunday from 7 to 9 pm and sponsor the Silicon Valley Storytelling Meetup
Visitors are always welcome to listen and to tell.
For more information about our meetings and the tellers active in our group,
contact Joy Swift 650-494-1383.
In addition we sponsor:
Winter Workshop and Swap Day in Palo Alto, California each February. [not held in 2021]
Tales of the Basin, on the last weekend of July at Big Basin State Park near Santa Cruz, California [not held in 2020 and 2021.]
Tellabration(tm) Story Concert each November.
For details on these and other local storytelling events throughout the year go to Storytelling events for 2022.
Links to More Storytelling
Local storytellers [in the Silicon Valley & Santa Cruz area]
- Eth-Noh-Tec kinetic story-theater performances and workshops with Robert Kikuchi-Yngojo & Nancy Wang
- Spontaneous Combustion performances and workshops with tandem tellers Tom & Sandy Farley
- Story Friends Enid Davis teaches the art of Oral Storytelling and tells tales to the young and young at heart.
- Megumi a Japanese-American bilingual storyteller.
- SunWolf teaches communication and law at Santa Clara University and has published articles on storytelling and storylistening.
- Tim Myers writer, storyteller, songwriter, teacher.
- John Weaver Legends and Laughter for All Ages.
Local Events & Organizations
- Tales of the Basin on the last weekend of July at Big Basin State Park near Santa Cruz, California [not held in 2020 and 2021.]
- Stanford Storytelling Project brings the power of performed story to Stanford University
through live and recorded events, courses, and grants.
- True Story presents people telling intimate stories from their lives
at themed storytelling parties in the Stanford area.
- The Moth a network of venues where people tell true stories to live audiences.
Local venues are in San Francisco and Berkeley.
- SAC the Storytelling Association of California includes links to local story swap groups.
Local Sellers of Storytelling Resources
- EarthLight telling the story of our home planet, will bring its travelling store of books, puppets, and CDs to your event.
- Hicklebees a bookstore for children and families in in San Jose.
- Linden Tree a bookstore for children and families in Los Altos.
- Reach & Teach a book and gift store featuring environmental and social justice resources in San Mateo.
Other Storytelling Networks
weaving our stories into the tapestry of life